Hallo

New user? Tell us about you and your page!
Trainman
Station model: Davis Pro2
Software: CumulusMX

Hallo

Post by Trainman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:51 am

Greetings from Denmark

Hi everybody, my name is Kenneth, as mentioned before I live in Denmark in a litttle town called Kvistgård. The town is situated 30 min drive from Copenhagen. I have had a weather station for about 15 years, I guess. The last 9 years it has been a Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus. From start I decided to publish the data on the Internet and to do this I needed some software. I choosed Cumulus, I can't remember why. I have had three different layouts based on webtemplates, I'm really bad at designing. I have learned some PHP, and did most of the progamming my self. My last website before MT was beside, my own data, based on API's from Wunderground, The Danish Meteorological Institute (DMI), and DR and TV2, two danish tv-stations. As you know Wunderground changed their API, and reduced the amount of data availabel, so did DMI.
The result was that I had to make some changes on my website. I have followed MT from the sideline and decided to give a go. I must say I'm really impressed. Jachym have really done a great job with this template, and his PHP coding is well structered and nice to look at, though I miss some comments in the code ;), just to see whats going on. Well new website, there is more to come. As software I was using Cumulus V. 1.94. In 2020 some functionalities in Cumulus, will no longer work, and there is no longer any support. I have tried the new version, MX, but with no luck, I have never been able to get it, to work very well. WD seemed to be a good choice. So here I am, new webdesign and new software,and on tuesday new computer, the old one has been running 24-7-365 since 2009!
I have a lot of questions, so get ready!
www.kvistgaardvejr.dk