Hi from Vancouver, Canada!

New user? Tell us about you and your page!
dsmith45
Station model: OS WMR300
Software: Weather Display

Hi from Vancouver, Canada!

Post by dsmith45 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:49 pm

Hi all, I'm new to Meteotemplate, although I have tried it in the past, I didn't know if I wanted to stop using my other weather scripts before I made a final decision. I'm extremely grateful to Jachym for putting it together and for all of his hard work and dedication (and a little monetary donation is in order!).

I've been a weather enthusiast now since about 1991 when I first acquired an Oregon Scientific WMR200 station, and had websites on and off to display the data. When the OS WMR200 wore out and stopped working, I was forced to buy a new one and had so much success with Oregon Scientific that I purchased the upgrade to the WMR300. I did look elsewhere, like at the Davis VP weather stations, but I didn't know if I wanted to spend $700 on a new weather station (in hindsight, I should have invested in Davis!). What I really want is to have a Solar sensor. OS doesn't have one available. OS was a bit cheaper and does the job, though, all except for Solar. Oh well, the damage is done. Live and learn. Well, do you think I could find web site software that would work for it? Not on your life, until I found Weather-Display. Right away, I felt I was back in the game after being so discouraged. Weather-Display and my website worked very well together but the site needed a lot of manual configuration and tweaking of numbers and stuff like that and I used that and painstakingly went through all of that for years and years... until at the start of the new year 2021, I said I'm done with that old software, I need something else, and came back to Meteotemplate. What a world of difference!

You can see my efforts with Meteotemplate at http://portcoquitlamweather.ca.

If any of you want to chat, please reply and say hello, I'd love to meet you all virtually!

Stay safe, be kind to one another, and we'll get through it together!

Dan