Database issue

mholguin
Station model: DIY
Software: DIY

Database issue

Post by mholguin » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi all!

I moved my database to another dedicated server. Original server was running version 8.xx over windows, current one runs 5.7 over ubuntu.

Migration went ok.

MT updates the database, all fields are correctly stored, but no historical data i shown in steel gauges nor in station diary nor station climate, no where.

You can query the database outside of MT perfectly. I've rebuilt indexes (even changed from innodb to myisam), but no luck.

What am I missing?

The weather station is a self made, based on raspberry pi running my code an meteotemplate.

Thanks!

mholguin

Re: Database issue

Post by mholguin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:18 pm

Update:

Just noted that Station diary shows summary data, but not monthly details....

mholguin

Post by mholguin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:34 pm

SOLVED:

It was a configuration issued as described in this extract of a post:

Code: Select all

You can try to disable the only_full_group_by setting by executing the following:

mysql> set global sql_mode='STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION';
mysql> set session sql_mode='STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION'

drparker
Station model: WeatherFlow
Software: WD

Post by drparker » Wed May 01, 2019 12:27 am

mholguin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:34 pm SOLVED:

It was a configuration issued as described in this extract of a post:

Code: Select all

You can try to disable the only_full_group_by setting by executing the following:

mysql> set global sql_mode='STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION';
mysql> set session sql_mode='STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION'
I had the same issue and this solved it. Thanks for posting!

mholguin

Post by mholguin » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Glad it worked!

If you find a way to make this change permanent, as I have to run this whenever I have to restart the server...