Raspberry Pi 4 and config webhost. Any help?

RebeckaJ
Station model: Netatmo
Software: WU,PWS,Aeris

Raspberry Pi 4 and config webhost. Any help?

Post by RebeckaJ » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:46 am

I writed before but but after conflict with my earlier webhost because they locked my public ip without give me info about why they do i have now changed and use another webhost i paid for on Loopia.

They also have all that i need with Ftp, Mariadb, cronjobs and more.

But im still stuck for few configuring things.

When i try to write my database info in setup template i got access denied with my public ip. I dont know where i can allow this specific adresses in database. I right now use the inbuild phpmyadmin from loopia.
I got error code 1045 when i try to connect and create database. I can only create manually.

How do i config apache2 to my domain i on Loopia?
When i try i got forbidden cant find server. Im not usually an apache2 user but Loopia only has this for php building.

My standard root is just now in /var/www/html folder but i need to direct it to right domain.

Loopia uses ftp upload för public_html but mabey im wrong and doing it totally wrong to use ftp for complete homepage for public?

I hope someone can help or understand what i mean.

Greetings

ZSN
Station model: Davis 2 Pro
Software: Weatherlink

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 and config webhost. Any help?

Post by ZSN » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:30 pm

Remove the ip address and just put localhost

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Post by davidefa » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:27 pm

I don't understand your 'setup' completely:
- you are speaking of your provider giving you webhost, db, ftp, cronjobs...
- but your post title is: Raspberry Pi 4 and config webhost

So my questions:
a) are you using your provider's web hosting ( this should be the preferred option )?
b) are you trying to setup a http server on a Raspberry Pi 4 and using your provider's dns?
c) are you trying to setup a http server on a Raspberry Pi 4 and using it locally ( so no need to use external dns )

johnathan
Observer
Observer
Station model: wh1080
Software: WU

Post by johnathan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Thanks for sharing this info. That is really useful and interesting for me. I also recommend https://mlsdev.com/services/business-analysis. The communication between the developers and the end users is critical. When you hire software development companies to make sure you are getting an honest assessment of your needs. The team should ask the right questions to help determine your software needs. They should also discuss these needs with you so that you understand what is expected of them.