Not happy with my hosting service

Chat about anything... (as long as it is a sensible debate :-) )
magical46
Observer
Observer

Not happy with my hosting service

Post by magical46 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:54 pm

For years now my web page has been hosted by the same provider, which up until now has been k. Over the last few days when I try to visit the site I get a message "Hmmm can't seem to reach that site", so I e mail the provider and get this
Thank you for contacting Easily support.

Please be informed that we are in the process of migration to the new server and your domain name philsweather.co.uk is still pointing to the legacy IP address (you may refer to the log below) and it is currently set up as Email forward - 20 Users package (which does not include Webhosting Services).

host philsweather.co.uk
philsweather.co.uk has address 91.194.151.38

In case you require the webhosting services for the domain, we ask you to provide us with the confirmation. Once received, we will forward your concern to the appropriate department.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Do I require web hosting!!! isn't that what I've been paying for every year

Grrr
phil

MonyMony
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro 2
Software: WeatherCat/Meteobridge

Re: Not happy with my hosting service

Post by MonyMony » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi Phil,

I am right there with you. I've been fighting with my provider for the past two months that at least two days a week (random which days) my site looses core PHP functions from the provider and my site stops working. Resolution is just to change between using PHP v7.2 or v7.4 to run my code which brings the functions back but my provider cannot explain why this keeps happening. Always happens at 3a too. Anyway just venting as I feel your pain dealing with your provider. I really am thinking of changing providers but the aggravation of doing so is keeping me from going that route so far. Good luck to you!

Jay