Atlas weather station

farmerJOHN
Station model: WS-2902

Atlas weather station

Post by farmerJOHN » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Has anyone tried the new AcuRite Atlas weather station? It's release has been anticipated for what seems like 2 years. Looks like WxObservation gave it good marks.

scadie
Language Admin
Language Admin
Station model: Davis Vantage Pro
Software: Meteobridge

Re: Atlas weather station

Post by scadie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi Farmer John,

As a weather station, the new Acurite Atlas looking very good choice. Unfortunatly, I got a chat with them and they don't offer anymore a way to send data to Meteotemplate directly thru a software or your PC.

They don't offer any Console with PC Connection, the new Acurite Access only publish information on Acurite Web Site or WUnderground as I don't want anymore to publish my data to them (As they charge to retreive YOUR data).

Before I have a Acurite 5-in-1. Originaly I use a PC COnsole with Weather Display software, work perfectly with MeteoTemplate, after that I change my Weather Display with a Acurite Internet Bridge with a Meteobridge device. Work perfectly. But with the new Atlas, nothing is possible and confirmed by them.

Unfortunatly, I got issue with my Acurite 5-in-1 and need to replace it, I doesn't want to invest money again in the Acurite 5-in-1, i take a look with the Atlas, but because I can publish myself my data, I Purchase a Davis Vantage Pro 2 and from that point, everything work fine for me.

Then is you want the Acurite Atlas only for youself, it's good but not to publish.

Sylvain
Sylvain Cadieux
scadie@scadie.com

Meteo Saint-Hubert: http://www.meteosaint-hubert.com

farmerJOHN
Station model: WS-2902

Re: Atlas weather station

Post by farmerJOHN » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:52 am

Thanks scadie. That's good info to have. You definitely can't go wrong with a Vantage Pro 2, but it's out of my price range :(