Datatransfer Meteobridge

meteomw
Observer
Observer

Datatransfer Meteobridge

Post by meteomw » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:43 am

The meteobridge regularly stops transmitting data to the meteotemplate (database). The only thing that helps is to plug out and back. To solve this problem I thought to setup the reboot option in the meteobridge every night, but unfortunately this does not work either. Do you als have this problem? Is so, what can we do about it or is there a tool/script or something else that monitors whether the datatransfer is correct or monitors if the meteobridge is still online?

Dehatter
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WH80
Software: Ecowitt GW1000

Re: Datatransfer Meteobridge

Post by Dehatter » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:34 pm

A bit of a story.

My meteobridge device had been working flawlessly for almost 20 days straight.

I went on vacation and within 5 hours of leaving home, it quit. My first notice was from cron-job.org, then from several of the other weather networks with which I have memberships. I had a friend attempt to reset both the MB unit and my Ambient ObserverIP unit, but she either was fearful of doing what I asked, or just did not do it.

In any case, I lost a number of days due to this issue. I understand there is a remote login for MB, but I had not set that up. That would not help the ObserverIP unit in any case. So........

I had a brainstorm. I ordered and installed 2 wireless "smart" plugs from Amazon for $25 total.

http://a.co/dlXOKK5

Now if this issue crops up again, I can "unplug" both devices and "plug" them back in over the internet, from anywhere in the world.

I still can't figure out how my MB device became aware that I had left my house!!

As to your specific issue, I do not have this problem. Generally speaking, my MB works flawlessly, though have had to reset the ObserverIP unit. It is my understanding the for some reason, these 2 devices do not play well together. This has only happened to me twice in the month that I have been running them. From others, I understand that connecting them to the router with a network cable makes this issue go away, and I might suggest you try that. In my circumstance they both are pretty far from the router and I will just continue to work on the wireless connectivity issue directly.

The latest version (Meteobridge-api 3.6-12117) seems to be working very very well, and I may just stick with it by booting from a flash drive (one must select try "USB Frist" and have a powered USB hub with a flash drive in it for the system to not update itself - Additional advantage is that the MB will boot without the need to connect to the internet (if your internet goes out during a storm), log the data, and then report when connected).