Evapotranspiration (evapo)

marc@geissmann.org
Observer
Observer

Evapotranspiration (evapo)

Post by marc@geissmann.org » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi

I do not know how many of you are using meteobridge.
Generally being very happy with meteobridge (also in connection to Meteotemplate) there is one thing I hope that it will be implemented soon, the evapotranspiration.

Although being visible on my Davis Screen, evapo still does not work in Meteobridge in my opinion. Now, that we have the rain balance available (implemented within the plugin "precipitation analysis") it is even more interesting to have "evapo" also visible on an hourly/daily basis. Although evapo might be difficult to interprete or not being very precise (also after discussions with Jachym), it would be nonetheless be interesting to have the evolution of evapo as an additional consideration to the rain balance.
The last time I asked Boris (meteobridge) he answered he had not time to implement it so far.

Just want to hear your opinion on that .

Marc

Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin
Station model: WH1080
Software: Meteobridge

Re: Evapotranspiration (evapo)

Post by Jachym » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:38 pm

I am still of the opinion that even the best estimate we have right now (the FAO recommended Penman-Monteith estimation) is far from realistic. Unless you have a lysimeter at home...

Oli
Observer
Observer
Station model: HP1000SE PRO
Software: weeWX

Re: Evapotranspiration (evapo)

Post by Oli » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:58 am

I wonder, how I can integrate the data from the plugin in the database. I have a field namend „ET“ in the database, but no values are saved.

edit: fixed with the api v3.4