Power Outages

marc@geissmann.org
Observer
Observer

Power Outages

Post by marc@geissmann.org » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Hi

I open this post since we had several power outages over the course of the last weeks that we are not used to have. I am using Meteobridge. My question is whether there is a way to recover the lost data?

My understanding is that as long as Internet is not available (while Meteobridge power is on), Meteobridge is capable to recover data once Internet connection is ready again. However, if we have power outages, the Meteobridge is off and there is now way to retrieve the lost data. If so, isn't that a main inconvenient compared to other softwares like Weewx or WeatherLink?

Thanks for your help.

Rads, Marc

Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin
Station model: WH1080
Software: Meteobridge

Re: Power Outages

Post by Jachym » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Hi,
depends

Meteobridge standard - has no built-in memory, only current data which is constantly being overwritten

Meteobridge PRO -built-in memory, can be recovered

Luc
Developer
Developer
Station model: Davis Pro 2 (2x)
Software: WeeWX

Post by Luc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi Marc,
After a period of power outage of your weather computer (with weewx) weewx can at startup read missed data for those weather stations which run on solar power or batteries and have local memory to store weather data.
Then you can use the weewx export utility for meteotemplate to export the data of the missed period to import in meteotemplate.
This utility is not available for download yet, but i will send you it when you drop an enail at ljm.heijst@gmail.com.
Cheers, Luc

ChrisBoom
Observer
Observer
Station model: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Software: Meteobridge

Post by ChrisBoom » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:06 pm

The Pro will spool a certain amount of data for uploading. Once that spooling memory fills up, it will clip the oldest data, but they will remain in the internal storage an can be retrieved for manual upload.

I find my MB Pro to be a bit touchy to outages as it will sometimes reboot, sometimes it won't and I have to start it manually. My old Meteohub could take such disruptions a bit better.

Cheers
Chris