WU Webcams

dmgould
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Software: Meteobridge

WU Webcams

Post by dmgould » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 pm

I have three webcams on WU. Two of them I ftp images directly to WU and then reference them for my website images. They are both down and have been down going on two days. The third one I ftp to my own site and WU pulls that image from a URL. It is still working properly. Looking on WunderMap I see there are many webcams that are not updating or missing completely now from the map. I'm wondering now how long it will be until the webcams are back. I remember back a while when support reported that rapid flash was never going to be back, and then all of a sudden it worked again. That just seems to be how WU is now.
Dave G

Johnny
Developer
Developer
Station model: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Re: WU Webcams

Post by Johnny » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:57 am

Hi Dave

Getting in touch with them about this problem is almost certainly now a waste of time. In 2014 - 2015 I had to get in touch with Weather Underground twice and on both occasions received a reply the same day - pretty good. However in 2016 I sent them an email on 16th April and received a reply on the 2nd May - very poor. Given that it takes radio communication 4.5 hours to send a message from Earth to Pluto I'm not sure what distant planet Weather Underground are now on.

Hopefully you'll get your pictures back soon, in the mean time I wonder how many of us use Weather Underground?
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus: http://www.watfordweather.uk

Luc
Developer
Developer
Station model: Davis Pro 2 (2x)
Software: WeeWX

Post by Luc » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Oh well, WU is always telling me my weather station stopped with sending data and is very enthousiastic when my data returns. This is the only function I use from WU. I sent several mails to the CEO and meteorologist Karin, got replies they understood my problems and promised to solve them (this century).

Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin
Station model: WH1080

Post by Jachym » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Yes, it is the same with Awekas, keeps sending me emails my station is offline (maybe its because it has been since last week, but who knows)

dmgould
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro 2 Plus Wireless

Post by dmgould » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:01 am

My cameras came back up yesterday and then went back off line again over night. Today they came back up again. I noticed they completely changed the weather pages for specific towns (locations), a completely new design. Like the rest of you I don't even bother sending them messages anymore. I generally get no response or a response weeks later. They used to be very responsive with email messages back right away from support. Those days are gone it seems.
Dave G

Fraggboy
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Bloomsky II + Storm
Software: Bloomsky

Post by Fraggboy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm in the same boat with my images. IF you view the calendar, it's a hit and a miss with my images. None of my timelapse videos ever show correctly. I'm about to give up and remove my PWS/cam from WU.

They don't deserve my data..

Johnny
Developer
Developer
Station model: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Post by Johnny » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Same here, I gave up sending my Bloomsky images to Weather Underground months ago - it seemed to be pot luck if they actually showed up.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus: http://www.watfordweather.uk

tsunamiscott

Post by tsunamiscott » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:51 pm

I understand that WU is dropping the webcam feature after Dec 15th. They cite a reduction in staff and negative ROI.