RochesterWeather
Observer
Observer
Station model: WH3080
Software: WeatherCat

New web hosting transfer issues

Post by RochesterWeather » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:36 pm

Hi all,

My previous (cheap but paid for) web hosting started not to accept the numerous demands WeatherCat, Awekas & Meteotemplate put it under, so I have upgraded to a still cheap but newer hosting package.

There was no direct upgrade path, so I backed up my Meteotemplate database, and downloaded it and all the website files.

The previous site has now been removed from their servers and the new server has had the domain name pointed to it etc.

I have uploaded the files I had downloaded from the previous hosting server, set php to 5.6 (the lowest they offer), set up a mySQL database and now want to re-upload my old database to the new server.

However when I go to http://rochesterweather.org.uk and try to administer the Control Panel I get a white page with the message: Unauthorized access.

When I try main setup I get: Unauthorized access. Please log in as an administrator first

When I try to log in via the flag in the footer of the homepage, on the next php password page, clicking keep me locked in, although I get a white page with: Unauthorized access. - when i then return to my homepage I have the cogs at the end of the menu bar which let me access the admin menu.

As an aside, having started reading the wiki & this forum closely, I think I may actually prefer to upload a converted database from WeatherCat itself, as this has far more historical data going back before I started using Meteotemplate, rather than the old database I downloaded from Meteotemplate - but obviously I can't get this sorted until I can get in!

All the files permissions are at "rw-r--r-- (644)" if this proves useful...

Looking forward to any responses,

Thanks in advance,

Rich

jay_hoehn
Language Admin
Language Admin
Station model: Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Software: WeeWx

Re: New web hosting transfer issues

Post by jay_hoehn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:40 pm

Rich,
I'm not sure this is the issue, but all my folders are set to 755. Might give that a shot.

Jay

RochesterWeather
Observer
Observer

Post by RochesterWeather » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:52 pm

Jay - thanks. I’ll give it a try tomorrow & let you know! Cheers, Rich

RochesterWeather
Observer
Observer

Post by RochesterWeather » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:04 am

My web hosting control panel file permission management page offered to scan files and make recommendations. It found 6 files that it felt should be 600 rather than 644. It didn't give me any option to change to anything other this! But I've done it and it hasn't made a difference. I might try and change them all to 755 - if it will let me!

R

RochesterWeather
Observer
Observer

Post by RochesterWeather » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:03 pm

Tried other settings, but still not playing ball.

I wonder if I needed to install the template again from scratch - but this would be a shame as I have customised so much and would need to re-enter so much...

I have raised a support ticket with the hosting company and will see what they say.

Have any WeatherCat users been able to use export their old records into MT?

Cheers

R

RochesterWeather
Observer
Observer

Post by RochesterWeather » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:51 pm

So, like a complete numpty I'd deleted a folder above my public html folder in my webspace which was making the template refuse me admin control. I'm now back (just need to import my old MT database then hopefully my Weathercat one)

R

jay_hoehn
Language Admin
Language Admin
Station model: Vantage Pro 2 Plus
Software: WeeWx

Post by jay_hoehn » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:53 pm

Rich,
Glad you discovered the issue. Hoping the import goes well.

Jay