Import historical data before or after

wetterblauen
Station model: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Software: Meteobridge

Import historical data before or after

Post by wetterblauen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi everyone

I'm just setting up meteotemplate. Now I'm at the point to import my historical datas.

My question is: Can I set up meteotemplate, connect with meteobridge, build the meteotemplate-site with all the blocks (create the homepage) and import my historical datas at the end (when all is set)?

Or has it to be done before setting up anything else (in order Jachym explained it in his videos)?

It would be great if someone could help me with this.
Lukas

Asobig
Advisor
Advisor
Station model: Davis Vantage VP2+
Software: Meteobridge (Red)

Re: Import historical data before or after

Post by Asobig » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:19 am

The blocks only get data from the database, they don't put data in it.
I think you can setup your site and the import the data, as long as the format is correct.

andyk1
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WS90
Software: Meteobridge/GW2000B

Post by andyk1 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:33 am

Once you are finished setting up the basic site with a few blocks and plugin's you can import into the database you set up in the beginning. Adding or modifying blocks and plugins later will not affect the database. You can add, add-on instruments later but check the API to make sure they are being imported.

Andy

dmgould
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Software: Meteobridge

Post by dmgould » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:46 pm

If are going to use the data import function built in to MT, I'll be curious if you succeed. I could never get it to work correctly. It wouldn't import pressure or date saying the values were out of range (or something like that - don't recall). The values were not out of range. I ultimately gave up.
Dave G

andyk1
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WS90
Software: Meteobridge/GW2000B

Post by andyk1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:19 am

When I first set up MT I used the import function to import 11-12 years of my old data. The trick is to follow the wike and make sure the data is converted to text first or in CVS format which is harder. That is tricky and requires database knowledge. Then have to make sure MT is pointing to the right fields. Test this by importing small test samples until you understand and You'll realize how simple it is eventually. Jachym's WIKI explains this process.