Uploading WeatherCat data to Meteotemplate

MastaBob
Station model: La Cross WS 2355
Software: WeatherCat

Uploading WeatherCat data to Meteotemplate

Post by MastaBob » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:42 pm

1 am trying to find detailed instructions for uploading WeatherCat data to a Meteotemplate site I am setting up.
I am operating on WeatherCat Version 3.05 Build 27 (3.0.5)
I am told I do not now need to the generate a CRON job as WeatherCat will now directly generate an php.api directly for upload
In fact Meteotemplate has removed support for the plugin that used to be required
I have done the basic setup of the Meteotemplate and run a check and it says everything is correct except no php.api present.
Questions are.

1) Do I use the Custom Web option or the Custom CGI option (which seems to set up php.api
2) What are the detailed step by step instructions I need to follow i.e instructions for dummies

I’ve been trying for a number of weeks. I believe everything else in the Meteotemplate is set up correctly
I have been through the Meteotemplate a number of times but cannot find the specific instructions on data upload for WeatherCat

MonyMony
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro 2
Software: WeatherCat/Meteobridge

Re: Uploading WeatherCat data to Meteotemplate

Post by MonyMony » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi Bob,

I haven't been on the forum much lately so just seeing this post now. I too use WeatherCat with Meteotemplate. I can see from your site that you figured it out as I see live data. The built-in support for the MeteoTemplate API is really all that needs to be setup for WC to start uploading data.

Glad you figured this out and also glad to see a fellow WeatherCat user online.

Jay