Add UV to the database

Dehatter
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WH80
Software: Ecowitt GW1000

Add UV to the database

Post by Dehatter » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:17 am

Any chance of adding UV to the database. I used the suggestion I read in the forums to add it to the current block, but that does not store the data thus it is not tracked or reported in any station table (other than current).

Tom

Dehatter
Professional
Professional

Re: Add UV to the database

Post by Dehatter » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 am

well...

So I have kinda answered my own question. I see that though WU lists UV, AND it is included in the table, it is NOT included in the downloaded data, and therefore if I am to add the information, I have to do it from another source. It so happens that I have another source (Ambient) to manually import the data, but there is not a current way to do this automatically that I am aware of. Once again...thanks go out to WU.

Tom

Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin
Station model: WH1080
Software: Meteobridge

Post by Jachym » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:11 am

Hi,
it is possible if you use the direct API call (weather display, meteobridge, weeWx, weatherCat), where if you include UV in the current conditions file and also activate UV in the "extra sensors" section in the control panel, it will log UV to the alldataExtra table in the database.

Dehatter
Professional
Professional

Post by Dehatter » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 am

Just installed meteobridge. Actually pretty simple, and seems to working great. Feels good to get away from WU. We will see about its hardiness. so far so good for the first hour. lol