Jachym, please, please, PLEASE keep the customisable Mobile page!

WessexWeather
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Vantage Vue
Software: Meteobridge

Jachym, please, please, PLEASE keep the customisable Mobile page!

Post by WessexWeather » Mon May 11, 2020 11:59 am

Hi Jachym,

Many thanks for the recent update to V18.0. It's great to see that you're still developing Meteotemplate and have exciting future plans. I understand that you want to modernise the site and make it more responsive, which is great, but like many others, I have always enjoyed having a comprehensive single-column Mobile page separate from my two-column Desktop page.

Desktop: http://www.wessexweather.net/meteotempl ... esktop.php
Mobile: http://www.wessexweather.net/meteotempl ... Mobile.php

I have never used the bundled mobile page you introduced in V17.0 but fully understand why you added it. I have always carefully set the screen width overrides within the Main Setup so that my iPad showed the Desktop page and my iPhone the Mobile page. V18.0 has broken this, so that I can only now view the Desktop page properly with my iPad turned into landscape. In portrait mode I see a single column with the items in my second column simply following those in the first. My site has been designed to show certain pieces of information side by side in the two columns, and this new responsive design has broken this. If anyone can suggest a setting to change this, i.e. to display the normal two-column Desktop page on my iPad in portrait, I'd be most grateful.

Your recent blog suggests that you are goinjg to make indexMobile.php obsolete, and I would urge you please to reconsider this, and to continuing making this an option for us in the settings.
Regards,

Simon (WessexWeather)

soend
Observer
Observer

Re: Jachym, please, please, PLEASE keep the customisable Mobile page!

Post by soend » Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 am

WessexWeather wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:59 am My site has been designed to show certain pieces of information side by side in the two columns, and this new responsive design has broken this. If anyone can suggest a setting to change this, i.e. to display the normal two-column Desktop page on my iPad in portrait, I'd be most grateful.
I am also in this boat. I have set up inexpensive tablet as a weather display showing my meteotemplate page in fullscreen mode. It has been working great until v18. Before v18 i saw all of my 3 columns but now with the responsive design it pushes 3rd column underneath everything else. Maybe there is some custom width parameters i could set in config to stop this happening but i havent find any what help.

livefeed
Observer
Observer
Station model: Davis pro 2

Post by livefeed » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:25 pm

I am in the same situation, the mobile layout does not change even though I make edits. Anyone get this working?

FSC830
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Vantage Pro2

Post by FSC830 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:19 am

At least at my 10" tablet I can see the indexMobile with 3 columns in portrait and landscape orientation
mobile_p.png
mobile_p.png (354.58 KiB) Viewed 256 times
mobile_ls.png
mobile_ls.png (621.97 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Regards