Bigbaywx
Observer
Observer
Station model: Davis Vantate Pro2
Software: weatherlink data logger

Current conditions offline

Post by Bigbaywx » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:52 am

Hi all;

First post here but a Davis user and weather website owner since 2007. I was running the Leuven template but am trying the Meteotemplate as the Leuven one is no longer updated.

I have a weatherlink I.P. which for some reason is not updating the api even with a cron job so have put a demo copy of Weathercat on the iMac to try and this is updating the api at one minute intervals.

Here is my problem. The current conditions are always showing up on the left hand side of the page up in the banner and are rotating thru correctly. However, the current conditions block at times does not update and just goes 'offline' even though the conditions above the header are showing current. At times if I go to the weather station tab and click on Current Data and then reload the main page the current conditions show up. Other times I'll be looking at it and it's showing right and then as I'm looking at it the conditions will go 'offline.

Surmising that some setting in the block setup is wrong the main points to me would be the update interval which I have set to 120 seconds in case one of the per minute updates don't go thru and the online interval I have set at the default of 11 minutes but have tried 15 minutes as well.

The website URL is in the signature line and I've attached a few screenshots as well. I thought I would ask here as I know Jachym is busy and I figured that one of you that have used the template might have an idea.

Thanks in advance!
Doug

Screenshot at 2020-06-28 06-50-24.png
Screenshot at 2020-06-28 06-50-24.png (77.33 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Screenshot at 2020-06-28 06-50-52.png
Screenshot at 2020-06-28 06-50-52.png (50.83 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Attachments
Screenshot at 2020-06-28 06-53-27.png
Screenshot at 2020-06-28 06-53-27.png (166.38 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

Asobig
Advisor
Advisor
Station model: Davis Vantage VP2+
Software: Meteobridge (Red)

Re: Current conditions offline

Post by Asobig » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:34 pm

The values on the top left corner come from the database. The current values from the API. The API shows the values on the current block and stores them in the database.
It seems the database is updating (if the showed values are really current), but the current block isn't.
If i hit F5 the current block refreshes with data, but will not update after that.
My update interval is set to 15 seconds, the maximum time to the default of 11 minutes.

- You could check the database if the data is showing up.
- Check the rights on the maps and files.
- Check if you selected the right weatherstation.

Good luck!

Bigbaywx
Observer
Observer
Station model: Davis Vantate Pro2
Software: weatherlink data logger

Re: Current conditions offline

Post by Bigbaywx » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:02 pm

Asobig wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:34 pm The values on the top left corner come from the database. The current values from the API. The API shows the values on the current block and stores them in the database.
I know more now than what I did before....

Thanks!