Where can I find ALL updated/fixed code?

rabrand1955
Station model: Ambient Weather WS-2000
Software: Meteobridge

Where can I find ALL updated/fixed code?

Post by rabrand1955 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:12 pm

Hi....
I'm new to Meteotemplate, and like what I see so far. There are a few things that I am struggling with though. One of those is the transition to PHP 8.0. I am currently running PHP 7.4, which is fine. I have found though that there is an API.PHP update which has better support for my Ecowitt GW1000, but it only functions with PHP 8.0. I have found other updates also, such as easy installation for blocks and plug-ins, some of which also require PHP 8.0.
Part of my struggle is trying to find ALL the updated/fixed blocks and plug-ins. They seem to be scattered about in different posts, and it requires a great effort to locate them.
Are there any plans to create some sort of repository so that updates/fixes are in a central location? It would greatly simplify the task of building and maintaining a Meteotemplate website.
User DAVIDEFA has a GitHub site I have found, which is quite helpful.... Thank you David!

Regards,
rabrand1955

Julius
Advisor
Advisor
Station model: Barani MeteoHelix
Software: meteobridge

Re: Where can I find ALL updated/fixed code?

Post by Julius » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:36 pm

I agree, patches/updates to the core seem to be very rare, but those that are there are not available through the supposed channels. I have many blocks that are running a newer version than the one that is available in the Blocks download section. Gets really confusing over time..

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Post by davidefa » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:25 pm

Agreed, the forum is not the simplest way to organize ( and even search ) informations.
You may try the 'ultimate mod' a simple extension to install blocks/plugins/mods published in this forum, as done with the official ones.
The php 8.0 update I published should be compatible even with php 7.4 ( at least I check on my php 7.4 test server )

andyk1
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WS90
Software: Meteobridge/GW2000B

Post by andyk1 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:54 am

davidefa wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:25 pm The php 8.0 update I published should be compatible even with php 7.4 ( at least I check on my php 7.4 test server )
It works, but some blocks are still broken migrating to PHP 8.0

I think my host www.ionos.com takes about 5 min (slow) to change php versions and hard to tell which blocks work and don't and miss the 5 minute data base update.