Website stopped running! [SOLVED]

Brutha
Station model: GW1003
Software: WEEWX

Website stopped running! [SOLVED]

Post by Brutha » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:18 am

Hi All,

I've had my website working well for quite some time now, with no issues I've noticed. It's weather.drimsdale.com.

But this morning I checked it and nothing is displayed (i.e. completely blank page). Looking at the database, the last record came in at 9:55 yesterday morning.

I can't seem to track down any reason why this might the case: can anyone suggest where to start troubleshooting this?

Other websites on other sub-domains of the same main domain are running absolutely fine. The folders and files all seem to be there on the site.

Thanks!

Brutha
Last edited by Brutha on Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Re: Website stopped running!

Post by davidefa » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:32 pm

This is the error returned by your home page:

brutha01.png
brutha01.png (30.46 KiB) Viewed 279 times

You can comment line 28 in the scripts/functions.php file ( just add a // at the beginning of the line )
This line should give no problem in php 7 but returns a fatal error in php 8.
Check if your hosting provider switched to php 8, in this case this fix will not solve all of your issues.
If you can switch back to php 7 you should be ok. If you have to stick to php 8 check this post: http://www.meteotemplate.com/forum/view ... 170#p11828

Brutha
Station model: GW1003
Software: WEEWX

Re: Website stopped running!

Post by Brutha » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:05 am

Brutha wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:18 am Check if your hosting provider switched to php 8, in this case this fix will not solve all of your issues.
If you can switch back to php 7 you should be ok.
Bingo! Yes, that was it....

My domain is on PHP 8, but I had previously set the weather subdomain to php 7 instead of inheriting 8 from the main domain.

It seems they removed that exception, maybe some upgrade: putting the exception again fixed it, and we're back up and running now!

Thanks very much indeed for that,

Cheers

Brutha