Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin
Station model: WH1080
Software: Meteobridge

Plans

Post by Jachym » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 am

Hi guys,

sorry for not being very active over the last few months. I do reply to emails and I help new users and current users when necessary, which on its own takes about 20-30mins/day.

I see a lot of interesting ideas here on the forum. My plan is to do a revision and delete non-functional blocks/plugins. These are basically almost exclusively those that rely on third-party data and that third-party is no longer available. Back in 2015 when MT was started, there was a lot of free APIs and stuff on the web. However, the recent trend is to have everything behind a paywall, subscription based etc. So it is no longer easy to create an alternative.

I also plan to release an update due to PHP 8.0. This PHP version fixed many issues and inconsistencies that PHP suffered from since a long time ago. Unfortunately, this is on one hand a good thing, on the other hand it caused headeaches to many developers because it causes major issues in terms of back compatibility of code for previous PHP versions. So as you probably know, MT is currently not working under PHP 8.0, which is a major issue.

Sorry about not being so active, it has been another hectic year, but I just wanted to let you know the project is not dead - though I do admit over the last 2 years it has mostly been just "surviving" :).

P.S. Some of you are quite good at programming, if you have scripts that fix something ready and tested by other users, please email them to me. I saw lot of code on this forum, but it is difficult to go through all the threads so it would be nice if I had it all in one folder on my PC and if it was always the latest, final, tested and ideally working version. I really appreciate it and once I test it myself I can release it as an official update.

meteoesine
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro2+
Software: Meteobridge nano

Re: Plans

Post by meteoesine » Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:43 pm

Hi Jachym, I'm happy to hear from you.
In these last times MT has more than survived, thanks to the commitment and talent of @davidefa who made it possible to use the template with php8 and added all the extra ecowitt sensors that many of us have bought to implement their weather station.
I think I speak on behalf of other MT users as well: it seems right to me to ask you to relate to him before starting a new release of MT.
thank you
:arrow: https://meteoesine.it
ham wx aprs/cwop: IW2LAO-13

lemimi
Advisor
Advisor
Station model: Brandson 304557

Post by lemimi » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:27 am

Hello Jachim,

Glad to hear from you.
While you were gone, @davidefa helped and got a lot of people out of trouble, big thanks to him.
I believe that without him and a few others, some would have thrown in the towel.
Also I agree with the opinion of @meteoesine on the next development of MT.

Thank you for this beautiful tool and to the pleasure... Michel

rogers

Post by rogers » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:48 am

Sounds good and good to hear from you.

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Post by davidefa » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:02 pm

Nice to read you back Jachym, here is the php 8.1 mod I published ( and currently using )