Multiple indoor sensors

Jure
Station model: Froggit HP1000SE
Software: Ecowitt plugin

Multiple indoor sensors

Post by Jure » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:04 am

Hi,

I have a new Froggit PWS, HP1000SE Pro with console (closest Ecowitt would be HP2551) plus their GW1100 equivalent DP1500. With the old station, I now have three indoor TPH sensors:
- DP50 (Ecowitt equivalent WH32)
- Indoor sensor with GW1100
- old indoor sensor (from the old Froggit HP1000 station)
None of them is multichannel model, no DIP switches. I am using the Ecowitt plugin to receive data from GW1100

Question: Is it possible to somehow show data from all three indoor sensors independently? Of course, now I only receive data from the GW1100 indoor sensor. So I would somehow have to assign the other two indoor sensors to additional temp channels 1 and 2. Is something like that possible? I can have data transmitted in three ways: Ecowitt plugin receiving from the console, Ecowitt plugin receiving from GW1100 or MT receiving from Weather display

Thanks!
Jure

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Re: Multiple indoor sensors

Post by davidefa » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:30 pm

Hi Jure, I think it can be done using 2 'additional instances of the ecowitt plugin' ( 2 slightly modified versions, lets call ecowitt2 and ecowitt3 ):
1) install ecowitt2 and configure it remapping TIN to T1 and HIN to H1 ( you should also remove any unwantend sensors )
2) install ecowitt3 and configure it remapping TIN to T2 and HIN to H2 ( you should also remove any unwantend sensors )
If It is ok for you I can prepare ecowitt2 to test it.

P.S.
This is not 'officially supported', I mean api.php does not explicitly support concurrent calls.
But I can say I use it in a similar way and it works without problems.

Jure

Post by Jure » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:39 am

Hi Davide,

uh, sorry, I missed your reply, work got in my way! If you would be so kind, yes, please, I'd be grateful for ecowitt2 and ecowitt3. Currently, I am running ecowitt plugin and DP1500 (ecowitt GW1100) which sends data to my website, including indoor temperature.

As I wrote, I have two more indoor sensors:
- DP50 (ecowitt WH32) came with the HP1000SE Pro station (ecowitt HP2551)
- older Froggit indoor sensor from the old HP1000 station
I would like to use these two as additional indoor sensors.

Thank you very much!
Jure

P.S.: In the meantime I "butchered" the Snow plugin and block and made "clearNights" plugin and block to use them for recording clear nights during the year. Being an amateur astronomer this is vital data for me! Since I am not much of a programmer, "butchered" is the right word for what I did! :D

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Post by davidefa » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:51 pm

My previous reply is not correct ( did not understand completely your setup ) that should be as follow:
- gw1100 ( with integrated T/H/P sensor )
- HP1000 with WH32B indoor T/H/P sensor
- additional WH32B indoor T/H/P sensor

Solution 1) Having only 2 gateways/consoles you can only you can only have 2 T/H/P sensors ( the one integrated in gw1100 and the one connected to the HP1000 ) and you can receive both in meteotemplete using the ecowitt plugin and the modified ecowitt2 ( additional WH32B unused )

Solution 2) You can modify both WH32B to multichannel WH31 ( take a look at this post on wxforum ). Not difficult but you have to open the sensor box and use a soldering iron. There are 2 version of the sensor pcb on post #25 you can find instructions for newer revision pcb. After the mod you will have two WH31 on ch1, shorting together the two leftmost unsoldered dip-switch pad you can change the sensor address to ch2.

P.S.
Regarding the plugin/block you modded please create a 'meteotemplate standard zip archive' and create a new post in the plugins/blocks ideas subforum, I'm sure others will be glad to use it.

P.P.S.
Do you use the nightSky plugin? Do you have any ideas for other useful addons for amateur astronomer?

Jure

Post by Jure » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:42 am

Thank you, Davide! yes, that's my setup as you described it. I will try one of the proposed solutions!

As for the Clear nights plugin I sent you a PM with a link to the plugin. Not sure if it is ready to be published yet. If you could take a look at it, I'd be grateful! :)

I am aware of the nightSky plugin, yes. I am relying on Clear Outside to plan my astrophotography sessions since it is quite accurate. As for additional addons for amateur astronomers, well, if we had a 90% accurate cloud cover forecast, that would be all that is needed, I guess. And maybe an observing log add-on? With available meteo data already filled in for each entry? With possibility to add images.

Thanks!
Jure