NWS Forecast Block not populating

cw3beck
Observer
Observer
Station model: Davis Pro 2
Software: Weather Display

NWS Forecast Block not populating

Post by cw3beck » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:48 pm

Good morning. So I just returned from living abroad (Germany) and as I'm making the changes to my Homepage, I noticed that the NMSForecast block (as well as the NWSForecastCustom) are not populating any forecasts for my location (or any location for that matter).

When I manually entered the path of my location (see below), the forecast was generated.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.p ... lon=-86.54

I've trolled thru the forum but didn't see anyone else having this problem. I've tried leaving my location as "station" as well as inserting my lat/lon but neither appear to be working. I see several other Meteotemplate users' websites successfully using both of these blocks with no apparent problems so am wondering what I am missing or some other ideas as to troubleshooting. Thanks in advance.

John B.

MonyMony
Forecaster
Forecaster
Software: WeatherCat/Meteobridge

Re: NWS Forecast Block not populating

Post by MonyMony » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:50 pm

Not aware of any issues with the block as I use this on my site. I did post my edits to the nwsForecastBlock.php a few months ago (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1853) as the only thing I can guess is your file is corrupt somehow. Not sure beyond that as I also use STATION as my setting and the URL you posted for manually checking looks right. Maybe a quick update of the PHP file will do the trick.

cw3beck
Observer
Observer
Software: Weather Display

Re: NWS Forecast Block not populating

Post by cw3beck » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:01 pm

Thanks for looking into it for me. I've downloaded several fresh copies of the .php and also overlaid it with your version and I still get "NWS Forecast currently not available". Same for the Custom" and "Multiple" versions. I've had similar problems with my currentUS block. Nothing ever makes it to the cache folder. Even tried to manually add the file to the cache file and let it run but the same results. I've gone thru all of my other settings thinking that I might have inadvertently toggled something that is impacting these few blocks but nothing jumps out at me. The only common denominator between the NWS forecast and the currentUS blocks is that I believe they are reaching out to the same servers to get their info.

I'd like to insert a text file into this block's cache folder to see if the rest of the coding is working. Would you be willing to provide me yours to test? Thanks in advance for the assist!

JohnB