amonphi
Advisor
Advisor
Station model: Ecowitt GW1003
Software: WU

rainBlock (blue circles disappeared)

Post by amonphi » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:03 am

Good morning everyone,

I realized that for some time my rainBlock no longer shows the blue circles but, only the text.
The version of my rainBlock is v7.2 and as a PHP I have v7.3.25 - Optimized for Altervista.

How can I solve? Is it a PHP problem?

Thank you
rainBlock.jpg
rainBlock.jpg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 1443 times

tobydude
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Netatmo
Software: Weatherdiaplay

Re: rainBlock (blue circles disappeared)

Post by tobydude » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:55 pm

V 7.1 works for me.
Attachments
rain.rar
(40.72 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

amonphi
Advisor
Advisor

Post by amonphi » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:57 pm

tobydude wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:55 pm V 7.1 works for me.
Hello,
For now I have reached the V7.1 as indicated by you, maybe the V7.2 is more suitable for PHP 8.
Thank you

amonphi
Advisor
Advisor

Post by amonphi » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:00 pm

Update ...
Although I went back to version 7.1, he continues not to upload the blue circles (the blockrain I inserted it in a "menublock" of the desktop homepage layout and if I click manually to recharge it works. If I use it as a block out of a "menublock" not It works) but, I noticed that it is a problem related to the browser, with Firefox updated to the V101.0.1 nothing to do, while with Chrome V102.0.5005.115 everything ok.
I hope it resolves in the future.

tobydude
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Netatmo
Software: Weatherdiaplay

Post by tobydude » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:28 am

There is an image of the maine settings in this tread, Dont know if it has someting to do with showing circles.

Image name. block_image.png

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2091

amonphi
Advisor
Advisor

Post by amonphi » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:26 am

tobydude wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:28 am There is an image of the maine settings in this tread, Dont know if it has someting to do with showing circles.

Image name. block_image.png

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2091
Hello,
I was not aware of this coach but, despite having deactivated that option on the main installation page, the problem remained unfortunately.
Thanks anyway for the information.

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Post by davidefa » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:00 pm

I had a similar problem in the past ( but I don't remember what caused it, yes I'm old ).
Maybe it has something to do with the page loading sequence and the graphic 'fails if loaded too early' ( but it loads ok via the menu block ).
I'm on firefox 101.0.1 too but I can't reproduce this behaviour any more.

P.S.
Does it work ok if you click on the 'fullscreen' icon ( or go to the following address: http://meteopaparano.altervista.org/tem ... block=rain )?

amonphi
Advisor
Advisor

Post by amonphi » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:50 am

davidefa wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:00 pm I had a similar problem in the past ( but I don't remember what caused it, yes I'm old ).
Maybe it has something to do with the page loading sequence and the graphic 'fails if loaded too early' ( but it loads ok via the menu block ).
I'm on firefox 101.0.1 too but I can't reproduce this behaviour any more.

P.S.
Does it work ok if you click on the 'fullscreen' icon ( or go to the following address: http://meteopaparano.altervista.org/tem ... block=rain )?
:lol: Hello,
I am not what you mean by "I'm old" but, I pass the 40 every year a ailment. :oops:
However irony aside, I understood the concept and I confirm that even by clicking on the fullscreen icon or https://meteopaparano.altervista.org/te ... block=rain , the block is not loaded well.
If, on the other hand, I open this page https://meteopaparano.altervista.org/te ... Mobile.php that I adapted for the smartphone (and only by opening it as a smatphone though), it works as it should.

If you can't even solve, I see it on yourself hard!

What I don't understand is because at the same time the same version has started to do so ... I do not understand if it is 100% due to the browser or if the rainblock is perhaps linked to other updates or changes that I made within the Template.

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Post by davidefa » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:37 pm

I think I have understood ( in part ) the problem:
- the rain block need two different javascript libraries to execute, that have to be loaded in the specified order, in sequence.
On the other hand if these libraries are loaded in parallel an error is generated ( and the block is incomplete ).
I don't know why this happens ( I don't even know why this does not always happen, as this should be normal behaviour ), maybe it depends on the server, the browser. the blocks to load...
For those having this problem I suggest trying this mod ( I simply anticipated the loading of the first library ), unzip the archive in the root directory of meteotemplate
Attachments
indexDesktop_rain.zip
(7.11 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

amonphi
Advisor
Advisor

Post by amonphi » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:49 pm

davidefa wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:37 pm I think I have understood ( in part ) the problem:
- the rain block need two different javascript libraries to execute, that have to be loaded in the specified order, in sequence.
On the other hand if these libraries are loaded in parallel an error is generated ( and the block is incomplete ).
I don't know why this happens ( I don't even know why this does not always happen, as this should be normal behaviour ), maybe it depends on the server, the browser. the blocks to load...
For those having this problem I suggest trying this mod ( I simply anticipated the loading of the first library ), unzip the archive in the root directory of meteotemplate
Hello,
I perfectly understood the concept and the change seems to work perfectly now, both with the V7.1 and with the V7.2.
Thanks for the commitment