Webcam Plugin - manage two webcams timelapse

Sandro.g
Station model: WH1080
Software: Weather Display

Webcam Plugin - manage two webcams timelapse

Post by Sandro.g » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Hi, I apologize in advance with my English ...
I created this site for our model aircraft runway in the province of Ascoli Piceno, in Italy, thanks to meteotemplate:

http://www.meteoasd.altervista.org

I managed to make the WEBCAM plugin work correctly ...

http://www.meteoasd.altervista.org/plug ... /index.php

now I ask, has anyone managed to manage a second camera and a second timelapse?

I would like to try to modify the whole plugin for a second webcam, but I do not know if it's a simple thing ..

thanks to meteotemplate and who can help me ..

Dehatter
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WH80
Software: Ecowitt GW1000

Re: Webcam Plugin - manage two webcams timelapse

Post by Dehatter » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:58 am

The template may be able to do that if you copy one plugin and change the vital information as another.
ie: webcam1 and webcam2

You will have to change all references including the namespace.

You can also manage real timelaspes outside of the template, ftp them to your server, and use the video block to display them.

See my page and click the 3 lines in the webcam block (called a menu block, and sorry if you already knew that), click videos for the videos block, and you you will see two different timelapses from the same camera (1 for the previous day and 1 for the last 3 hrs of the current day), but I could just as easily do 2, 3 or whatever number of cameras. In my particular case, it is all processed automatically, though I have to leave my laptop on to do the processing. Some people do the processing and then manually upload them.

I actually process video for 2 other cameras (3 in all), but don't display them as they are not very interesting (1 inside, usually me staring at a computer screen, and 1 of my front porch...I mean if someone wanted to look at a porch then I could put it up, lol).

Tom