webcam Plugin Image problem

dmgould
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro 2 Plus Wireless
Software: Meteobridge

Re: webcam Plugin Image problem

Post by dmgould » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 am

azchrisf wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:59 pm I had a programmer fix the problem.
What he found was interesting - and it was improper programming, Jachym.

Some of you may ask "well whats the fix". Usually I would provide it, but I had to pay $55 for it to be fixed, so I'm not sharing unless someone wants to give me $25 to share the cost.

Now, I am going to rant here because I am getting a little peeved at what I am seeing. I'm also someone who speaks my mind. You want us to pay for "support", Jachym, but I don't see much support. I have reported bugs in several plugins that have yet to be updated or fixed, not including this one, which you seemed to ignore as "works for me" when 2 others reported the same behavior on their sites. And, while I appreciate you decided to make it, writing a new PurpleAir plugin while you have all these existing ones needing fixes is a little senseless IMHO, especially now that your time is even more limited with your new responsibilities. You have a great product here by all means but you need to fix the cracks that appear after the concrete has dried, so to say.
You might want to review the forum guidelines and think about removing this post or editing it to be a bit more respectful.....just my opinion.
Dave G

meteoesine
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro2+
Software: Meteobridge nano

Post by meteoesine » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:20 am

Hi,
I have another strange matter on this plugin:
all works fine if the image url is: https://meteoesine.it/template/bloomSkyLatest.php

I tried now to change with this image, caming up from another server: https://meteoesine.altervista.org/webcam/webcam.php

the big (current) image is shown propertly but the thumbnail is fully black and the metadata are right.
I tried to delete and reinstall the plugin and also the webcam database but without success.
if I link to the first https://meteoesine.it/template/bloomSkyLatest.php all works fine.
what is bad on that other image?
thanks in advance for any comments
ScreenShot00249.jpg
ScreenShot00249.jpg (51.17 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
ScreenShot00250.jpg
ScreenShot00250.jpg (9.24 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
:arrow: https://meteoesine.it
ham wx aprs/cwop: IW2LAO-13

Dehatter
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WH80
Software: Ecowitt GW1000

Post by Dehatter » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:46 pm

Not sure, but for me everything looked fine and was working. Some of the thumbnails were at night and appeared black, but I am thinking that is just a black sky? Daytime thumbs looked fine. Maybe you got it fixed between your post and this reply.

Tom

Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin
Station model: WH1080
Software: Meteobridge

Post by Jachym » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:17 am

azchrisf wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:59 pm I had a programmer fix the problem.
What he found was interesting - and it was improper programming, Jachym.

Some of you may ask "well whats the fix". Usually I would provide it, but I had to pay $55 for it to be fixed, so I'm not sharing unless someone wants to give me $25 to share the cost.

Now, I am going to rant here because I am getting a little peeved at what I am seeing. I'm also someone who speaks my mind. You want us to pay for "support", Jachym, but I don't see much support. I have reported bugs in several plugins that have yet to be updated or fixed, not including this one, which you seemed to ignore as "works for me" when 2 others reported the same behavior on their sites. And, while I appreciate you decided to make it, writing a new PurpleAir plugin while you have all these existing ones needing fixes is a little senseless IMHO, especially now that your time is even more limited with your new responsibilities. You have a great product here by all means but you need to fix the cracks that appear after the concrete has dried, so to say.
I do provide support daily and do things when I have time for it and no you never had to pay for support. You might think about the fact I answer 50-60 emails daily and I do have to make priorities.
I also see you changed the copyright to your own. So I would please ask you to stop using the template altogether. This is clealry against the license terms and I will not tolerate this. You DO NOT by any means own the copyright to this (even if you fixed 1 bug on 1 page), it surprises me that you dont know that especially given how you Americans are sensitive to this (which is a good thing).

Ask your programmer to do your entire site and please stop using MT.

It is a community project, the idea was that ppl might also help each other here on the forum - obviously something you are not willing to do either.

J.

P.S. It is interesting that you were willing to pay much more to your programmer for one single page than you were to me for the entire template... just to put things into context. Over 80% of users never contribute and this month for example Im not even covering the costs for hosting etc.
I would not say this unless you pissed me off with this. I helped you many times here.
Attachments
Copperwood Weather Station.png
Copperwood Weather Station.png (7.99 KiB) Viewed 2092 times

Dehatter
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WH80
Software: Ecowitt GW1000

Post by Dehatter » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:09 pm

additionally, Chris Formeister is not registered with the US Copyright Office. It is illegal to display the copy-write symbol on something that is not protected.

so, in essence, it is both illegal as well as unethical.

In addition to the above, you are now open to legal action from the creator of the work that ACTUALLY is copy-written. (if this creator so chooses).

remember that no one wants to look back on yesterday based on a mistake.

tom