Import data from weatherlink s/w

Scout
Station model: Vantage Vue
Software: Weatherlink

Import data from weatherlink s/w

Post by Scout » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:37 am

Hi there

I have a Davis Vantage Vue Station using so far the Weatherlink s/w to get the data ...
The connectivity of the station is via lan cable using the adaptor straight to the router .
I was intending to purchase the WD s/w in order to have a better output look and feel..
Since geocal is a friend of mine and suggested to me your solution i would like to ask if its posible to ''feed'' your template either straight from the console or throu the weatherlink s/w witch is already running on a pc.

Regards
Antonis

Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin
Station model: WH1080
Software: Meteobridge

Re: Import data from weatherlink s/w

Post by Jachym » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:28 pm

It is possible to update the template using the wl.com website

Scout

Post by Scout » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:32 am

Jachym hi,

If i understand correctly meteotemplate can retrieve the data from the bellow address?
http://www.weatherlink.com/user/octavia ... s=1&type=1

Regards
Antonis

Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jachym » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:08 am

Hi,
yes and no. It can, but not exactly this one, it gets the data from the xml feed of your station, also at wl.com. You will need your username and password you use for WL so I cannot post the exact URL here.

Scout

Post by Scout » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:46 am

Jachym hi,

So i suppose i will not use API.php as input but a different php script running/min to read the xml from weatherlink.com.
If this is correct is this script included in the installation files so i will just need to configure it with my username /password?

I will send you by mail a request to download the meteotemplate files shortly...

Regards
Antonis

Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jachym » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:11 am

Hi,
yes and no :D You will use the api.php, but it will be called by a different script. You will use the WL-IP plugin. In this plugin, there is a setup page where you specify your WL details and this script will load data from WL and using a CRON job send it to the API in the right format.

Scout

Post by Scout » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:27 am

Jachym hi

Its clear to me now....i will download the WL-IP ver4 pluggin and i will proceed...

Thanks for the quick responce...

Antonis

HILARIO
Observer
Observer
Station model: Davis Vantage Vue
Software: WLIP

Post by HILARIO » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:20 pm

Hello,
I am using the WL-IP plugin, so far it works perfectly except for maximum wind gusts. Meteotemplate never records the maximum wind gust that appears in the xml url WL.

Jachym, could it be possible to insert in the WL-IP plugin the value of the maximum wind gust that appears in the xml url of the WL?
This data should be taken into account for daily, monthly and annual statistics and data or, before 24 hours, that data should be passed to the database of maximum wind gust values. I think that this could be solved.

This is the only defect that I see to the template being connected to the WL-IP

Regards,

Bluweather17
Station model: Davis Pro 2 Wireless

Post by Bluweather17 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Hi Jachym ,

your template works after the weatherlink 2.0 update?

It is only necessary compile the api.php with the correct Url?

Thank You.

Bluweather17
Station model: Davis Pro 2 Wireless

Post by Bluweather17 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi Jachym,

I would update the database, using the new weatherlink for Davis API ( weather link 2.0 ) I. I don't understand how it is possible update the api.php

I have generated the Api token from wl.com, and I have the API adress of wl.com ;
The Station appeare always in OFF, but it is wrong.

Also , I use the Weatherlink IP. I download the relative plugin, but it don't works!
https://www.meteosantagatadipuglia.it/t ... esktop.php

I need more help, please!
Thank You!!!

AbeteBianco
Station model: Davis Pro 2
Software: Weatherlink IP

Post by AbeteBianco » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Bluweather17 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:25 pm Hi Jachym,

I would update the database, using the new weatherlink for Davis API ( weather link 2.0 ) I. I don't understand how it is possible update the api.php

I have generated the Api token from wl.com, and I have the API adress of wl.com ;
The Station appeare always in OFF, but it is wrong.

Also , I use the Weatherlink IP. I download the relative plugin, but it don't works!
https://www.meteosantagatadipuglia.it/t ... esktop.php

I need more help, please!
Thank You!!!
Ciao.

Il plugin non funziona perché è compatibile solo con la versione 1.0 di Weatherlink. Hanno cambiato la API e adesso è necessario inserire, DID, password e apiToken per poter ottenere i dati. Funziona tutto come prima sul sito web, è semplicemente il plugin da modificare. Io ho modificato il plugin originale e funziona con la versione 2.0. Sono a disposizione. :)

Lespius
Advisor
Advisor
Station model: Davis VP2

Post by Lespius » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:37 pm

Ciao !
DO you know if the plugin has been updated ?

Jachym
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jachym » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:02 am

Hi,
the v2 API is buggy, rain data does not work, so I decided not to use it until they fix this. Many developers reported this issue too. I have a script ready, but the rain data is not transferred because it is always 0 in the API.

melallin
Software: WeatherLink

Post by melallin » Sun May 16, 2021 11:00 pm

If I am understanding correctly there is no current way to reliably get Weatherlink data via the template (am I correct?) Whether that is correct or not, I have already have written an operating and verified python program that pulls Weatherlink API data reliably and all I want to do is modify the api.php file to grab the contents of the .txt file my python program creates. I have not worked with php modifications much, so I'm unsure of the best way to make a modification to the api.php file to pull my local .txt file versus performing the attempt at api data transfer from weatherlink. If anyone could assist in what (in my uneducated php-to-python mind) should be a trivial change, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Post by davidefa » Mon May 17, 2021 10:31 am

Meteotemplate has builtin function to import past data: through the control panel -> database -> import data

melallin

Post by melallin » Mon May 17, 2021 11:04 am

Thank you, David, but I'm talking about current conditions. I found where I can just dump my python output into a text file and then the cron job will just be reading that text file. That will work!
Last edited by melallin on Mon May 17, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidefa
Expert
Expert
Station model: WH2650
Software: WH2650 (direct upload)

Post by davidefa » Mon May 17, 2021 11:24 am

Ok, in this case you can add in your python script a call to api.php ( passing the sensors you have )
ex: http://www.torscor.com/template/api.php ... &P=1001.17

melallin

Post by melallin » Mon May 17, 2021 12:15 pm

I think we were almost posting at the same time! I found where I can read the text file created by my python code, so I'll work to get that set up since I'm already pulling my current data in my storm predictor code. Thank you, David!

johnathan
Observer
Observer
Station model: wh1080
Software: WU

Post by johnathan » Thu May 27, 2021 12:05 pm

Thanks. https://belkins.io/blog/appointment-set ... with-sales That is really interesting information. Another way you can use lead generation services to your advantage is to establish contact with your lead list and then develop a relationship with these individuals. You do this by creating relevant lead capture pages that are attractive and engaging. You also set up a series of relevant emails for your potential clients to use. This gives your sales team a tool to communicate with you and your leads effectively and efficiently. Email marketing has a huge advantage over other direct marketing strategies because it can identify exactly which leads are right for you. However, this type of lead generation still has its limitations. It can be difficult to locate the right people once you have included their email address in your email marketing list. There is no way to tell who is an appropriate lead for your offer unless you follow up with them or qualified sales lead broker contacts them.