API Not working with Weather Display

cw3beck
Observer
Observer
Station model: Davis Pro 2
Software: Weather Display

API Not working with Weather Display

Post by cw3beck » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:49 pm

I upgraded to PHP 8.1 last weekend and finally got everything working (for the most part) - thanks to those that created all of the modified code!

So last night, I lost power to the computer that is hosting my web service as well as my Weather Display software. Before I went to bed, I didn't notice that I wasn't receiving updates from WD even after I brought everything else back online.

Everything appears to be working on my website (at least everything that was working before I lost power) except for the API. I've reset the update password both in Meteotemplate AND Weather Display and even receive the "Success" notification when I test the API in WD but nothing is posting in the Cache folder as it should be.

Is there anything else I can do in order to troubleshoot this problem? I have never seen this happen before - worst case, I clear the cache, reboot everything and it starts working again. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

John Beck

cw3beck
Observer
Observer
Station model: Davis Pro 2
Software: Weather Display

***Solved***Re: API Not working with Weather Display

Post by cw3beck » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:06 pm

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to start completely over but would have saved a whole bunch of time and frustration. So really sure WHAT happened but, at the end of the day, pulling down a fresh copy and integrating it with the PHP 8._updates from David ended up being the winning combination. Looking for an UPS in hopes of preventing this in the future. Brian from WD did provide lots of troubleshooting ideas since initially it did appear to be on the WD side of the house but every rathole that I went down didn't produce a solution.

Hope everyone is well and really enjoy learning from everyone in this group. Cheers!

http://eaglerisingwx.homeserver.com/indexDesktop.php