Hello from Holland

New user? Tell us about you and your page!
Julius
Advisor
Advisor
Station model: Barani MeteoHelix
Software: meteobridge

Hello from Holland

Post by Julius » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:31 pm

Hi,
I've waited long to introduce myself here, until I was happy enough with the resulting MeteoTemplate website I was creating. I've been on and off using meteotemplate a couple of times, but I kept returning to it, because it just has so many wonderful design and input options to make it look just the way you want it to. Mostly thanks to davide from Italy and Jachym himself I found myself really glad to be a meteotemplate user.

I've been digitally collecting meteorological data since 2016, and prior to that always have been interested in climate, ecosystems, biology, physics etc. I love combining those fields with my work in ICT, and so I ended up creating a website which is now happily viewed (and used) by many friends and neighbors to see how their weather is doing. I get especially happy when they comment to me and others about seeing the maximum and minimum values we reach in this area, that they can find on my meteotemplate site, because it is more countryside than others, and often shows microclimate extremes that are not shown at the (official) weatherstations around us.
We live ~10km North of Amsterdam, in an area called Waterland and more specifically in the Broekermeerpolder. It's called Waterland for a reason, because it actually is dominated by water management 8-) although where we live our house is actually just above sea-level, and we're not in danger of flooding by a long shot. This is thanks to living South of a huge primary 'waterkering', which is protecting us against water flowing into our garden or cellars here. This waterkering has enormous capacity to make water disappear into nearby lakes and streams, so much so that we've never experienced too muddy or water-drown grassland ourselves, even though some neighboring areas have (because their gardens are lower than ours is).

Anyway, I'm glad I found out about meteotemplate and this community is a solid one, as far as I can see, with a great future.