Air Quality

BobW55
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro2
Software: Cumulus

Air Quality

Post by BobW55 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:59 pm

I am sure many of you who use Weather Underground ( now the Weather Channel) have gotten an Email about the "PURPLE AIR" Air Quality sensor. I have sent an Email to them to ask if future ones will include Ozone. I still have not gotten a reply. Is anyone here using the sensor?
It is kind of expensive, but I would get one IF they ever add Ozone to it. Not even sure how to include data for just my station with it.
http://melvinweather.com/template/indexDesktop.php
Davis Vantage Pro2 wired
Solar/UV sensors
Sky Cam
Ham radio K8pos

Fraggboy
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Bloomsky II + Storm
Software: Bloomsky

Re: Air Quality

Post by Fraggboy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:46 pm

I have seen them advertised on WU.. I sent them an email on why they are so expensive. They want US to pay for an expensive device, WE pay to power the device, use OUR internet so they can turn around and charge high prices to their vendors the data we are supplying them for free??

What's wrong with this model??

To answer you question, no. I haven't and probably won't purchase this to support them. They need to come down on the prices. I'm also thinking on removing my PWS from their website (WU). What benefits are being providing to us? Oh, WU provides me a free-ad account. What about the other users who wants this accurate data but are faced with ad's, or pay their annual fee?

Sorry for rambling on.. WE as consumers NEED to take control and not allow these big corporations use OUR data for their benefit/profits.

BobW55
Forecaster
Forecaster
Station model: Davis Pro2
Software: Cumulus

Re: Air Quality

Post by BobW55 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Frag,
I hear ya,
I would consider getting one, and I agree they should offer a major discount to WU users. I think I have been giving them data for over 20 years now. For me, it would have to have Ozone, and have to be easy to integrate the data onto my own web site and not have to link or redirect to WU.
I have yet to hear a peep from them.
http://melvinweather.com/template/indexDesktop.php
Davis Vantage Pro2 wired
Solar/UV sensors
Sky Cam
Ham radio K8pos