andyk1
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WS90
Software: Meteobridge/GW2000B

ECOWITT

Post by andyk1 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:00 am

Hello everyone.

I haven't seen this posted so I thought I would let everyone know about a new weather related product. It's called Ecowitt
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JL ... UTF8&psc=1

It works similarly to an ambient ObserverIP device most here are familiar with. I just have the basic recviever "GW1000 USB Wi-Fi Gateway" and surprisingly it picked up my Ambient WS-2902 weather array with no effort. It also has all the calibrations available for every device. If you look at the Amazon link above there are add on devices that can be added. The GW1000 I have works with "WS VIEW and AWNET" from Google play store or apples app store. I've found awnet works best.

I will be buying most of the weather related products over the next few weeks to months and will let you know how it works out.

I don't know if this will work with other brands other than Ambient but the updated Meteobridge has the added hardware device in the latest release and works just fine. Correction... Only for Ambient products.

I brought this to see if it will solve the ObserverIP lock up issues I've suffered constantly over more than a year.

As I said I will post periodically how this is working.
I forgot to mention it also comes with it's own web page in the cloud. Mine is at: https://www.ecowitt.net/home/index?id=405 for reference.

Update: 2 full days of use and the device has performed flawlessly. Better than the ObserverIP which has locked up requiring a reboot. The other thing I did not know is that you can register it at ambientweather.net using it's MAC address and Ambient accepts it as one of there devices. It seems it will read almost all Ambient weather arrays i.e. 1200,1400, 2000, 2902 & 2902A models. For $29.99 US Dollars not a bad buy at all

Will post reliability in future updates.

Note: Does not come with a power adapter but am using one of my old 5 volt 500 milli amp cell phone chargers

Andy

Dehatter
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WH80
Software: Ecowitt GW1000

Re: ECOWITT

Post by Dehatter » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:19 am

Ecowitt is the is now handling the sales of the Chinese manufacturer "Fine Offset" systems to the the public.

I am currently testing a new "almost-In-One" weather station from them that is amazing. No moving parts at all and it will have a heated option to keep it from freezing.

There is not a model number yet and I am not allowed to post pics...yet, but we have worked out most of the bugs.

It is functioning almost perfectly and uses the GW1000 internet interface for communications which is functioning perfectly as well with ZERO lockups. More to come...soon I hope.

andyk1
Professional
Professional
Station model: Ecowitt WS90
Software: Meteobridge/GW2000B

Post by andyk1 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:06 am

Great to hear Tom. I have most of ecowitt's system myself and have been reading about what I think you have. Not yet released. Wished they would have asked me to be a tester also hahaha. The only issue I have with the... either GW1000B or the array is the pressure reading is not what the ObserverIP is. Almost always off by.03 to .04 inHg at 10-15 deg in temp difference. I am guessing the don't have the temp compensation formula worked out as I'd be happy to help them if asked.

Let me know how it goes as I've had ecowitt since Feb I think and posted a small blurb about it in one of these posts somewhere.

Andy

Edit. I've had the Ecowitt system since May not Feb as previously stated.

martymoose
Observer
Observer
Station model: Maxion
Software: Weewx

Post by martymoose » Sun May 03, 2020 8:49 pm

I have been running a ecowitt for 2 years under the maxion (fine offset wh295x )$136 Aus on eBay had absolutely no problems at all rock-solid far about 2 years more stable than my over priced Davis weather station Junk
I upload my data to Weather underground and weathercloud and I've just started sending the custom ecowitt data to weewx and then to metrotemplate
Easyweather firmware can export data to custom IP in either Wu or ecowitt format

Mine is now running the easyweather firmware updated by the ws view app